Sunday 31 July 2016

Sweet Dixie's Candy Cane









Good morning all I hope you are all well on this Sunday morning.
It looks like we could be in for a wet day today.
Where as the sun done I were just getting used to it.

I just want to say if any of you are finding it hard to leave 
a comment. If the comment icon is not showing just
click onto the time that I posted and that will bring up
the comment icon. I have not got a clue why this as started
to happen any advice is welcome as I have run out of them.

For today I have used dies all from Sweet Dixie die which I
love as they are all of a good size for the money.

I have used the Candy Cane, Holly and Bow frame
and the Poinsettia die set I have also used Sue Wilson's
snow flake embossing embossing folder and the holly spray.

I started of with a 8"x 8" white card which I cut two mats
out of white linen card and with the smallest one I embossed
it with the snow flake embossing folder.
I added these to my card.
I then cut out my frame with the Holly and bow frames
I added this to the centre of my card by using foam tape.
I then cut out my poinsettia and the holly spray which I added
to the bottom corner.
Next I stamped my sentiment which is by Phill Martin and it's
from the christmas snowflake collection.
I cut it out with the smallest die from the frames die set.
I added it to the top corner.
Next for the candy cane I covered a piece of white card
with double sided sticky sheet I rubbed it down so it
were stuck down really well.
I then cut the candy cane die but remember do not emboss it
or you will not get the sticky sheet cover will not come off.
I peeled the backing off and I covered it with cosmic shimmer
Icicle sparkle glitter.
I added this the the centre of my frame.  

That's all for today and I thank you for stopping by.

Hugs Debs xxx


No comments: