Wednesday 5 March 2014

Its Your Birthday


Morning all I just love this card to start with  I cut a 8" x 8" card base I then cut a mat in mint card at 7 3/4 in square and the a mat of white card at 7 1/2 in square in whit card. I then did some dots with cosmic shimmer pva glue all around the edge. I then cut a mat at 7" Square in mint card. I also cut a mat at 6 3/4 in square in white card on which I embossed it. I stamped my sentiment in black Adirondack ink i cut it out with the Elegant Labels Four die and used the smaller die in the middle to cut a frame. I didn't  emboss it just yet though, but I did remove all the fall away pieces from the die, then but left it still in the die template. I glued the die cut to a piece of mint card White it was still in the die, then I embossed the two pieces. The mint card becomes raised into the spaces where the fall away pieces had been removed. I do hope that makes sense. I hand cut around the edge of the mint card, Leaving the pretty white die cut edge to show on top. I mounted it on foam in the centre of my embossed  frame. I stamped my sentiment and cut it out with one of the petite labels, inking it very lightly with mint ink while still place. I mounted this in the middle of my Elegant Labels Four frame. I tied a large bow with crushed silk ribbon and added two hat pins and a pearl to the centre of the bow. I do hope you like it. Debs xx

Thank you for looking Debs xx

No comments: